What Percentage of Heat Is Lost Through Windows?

Home Windows Nashville TNOn average, about 40 percent of a home’s total heat loss can be attributed to doors, windows, and the floors, with the other 60 percent lost through walls and the roof. Windows takes up a portion of that 40 percent, but how much depends on a number of factors, including the age of the windows, whether they were properly installed, and the temperature and climate outside. As windows age and deteriorate, or if they were not installed correctly, they can lose an even greater percentage of heat for a home, resulting in higher energy costs.

When heat is lost through a window’s glass panes or around the edges as a result of faulty or broken-down seals, it can cause energy bills to rise. That’s because your HVAC unit will have to work overtime to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature and keep up with all of the heat loss. If you have noticed higher energy bills or drafty air around your windows, you may want to consider upgrading. And, when it comes time to replace the windows at your residence, consider the home remodeling experts at American Home Design.

Replacement Vinyl Windows from American Home Design

For window replacement services, you can turn with confidence to the professionals at American Home Design. We have been a staple in the area since 1977, and in that time, we have earned a sterling reputation for excellence. We install Preservation windows, which are some of the most energy efficient in the industry. Thanks to Low-E coated glass panes and sturdy vinyl frames that do not peel, rot, or crack over time, these windows are designed and installed to mitigate heat loss from homes.

For more information about our energy-saving windows or the installation services we provide for homeowners throughout Nashville, TN, and the surrounding areas, contact American Home Design today.

Contact Us Today to Request a
Free Design Consultation
Free design Consultation
Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
By clicking "Submit", you consent to receive calls and text messages, including by an auto phone system, from American Home Design to the phone number provided for informational and/or marketing purposes.

Offering RainSoft Products

View our full range of products that will enhance your home's water and air.

Hear what American Home Design customers are saying!

google review
“The entire team especially our installers were amazing. They were so friendly, thorough and knowledgeable. They double checked everything and made sure everything was perfect before they left, and no mess left behind. I’m very happy with my new shower!”
Shelia P.
google review
"If I could give more then 5 stars I would! They were professional, accommodating, and extremely knowledgeable. We had a few hitches in our giddyup and they were patient and understanding which was so appreciated! 10000% recommend over and over!"
Chelsea C.
google review
"American Home Design has been so wonderful! Even after having our system for 6 months now, they still follow up with us to make sure we are still happy with our system to make sure everything is still working properly. I’ve never had anyone from any company stay in contact like that to make sure we are satisfied."
Lindsay L.
google review
"The team was fantastic! Personable and professional at the same time, cleaned up any mess left over from the work done, and was super accommodating. We will definitely be calling them for any future home improvement needs."
Haley C.
arrow-right
arrow-right

Visit Our State-of-the-Art Showroom!

In our Goodlettsville showroom, you can see:

  • Bathtubs & Showers
  • Walk-in Bathtubs
  • Replacement Windows
  • Patio Cover
  • Pergolas
  • Entry & Patio Doors

Showroom Hours:

Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm
Saturday: 10am-5pm
Sunday: Closed
American Home Design Showroom

We are located at 880 Conference Drive in Goodlettsville – 1 mile north of Rivergate Mall.